Leadership and Teamwork SkillsTwo Weeks Course
Day 1: Introduction to Leadership Concepts
- What is Leadership?
- Historical Perspective on Leadership
- The Importance of Leadership in Organisations
Day 2: Leadership Styles and Approaches
- Different Leadership Styles (Autocratic, Democratic, Laissez-Faire)
- Situational Leadership
- Transformational vs. Transactional Leadership
Day 3: Communication Skills for Effective Leadership
- Effective Listening and Communication Techniques
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
Day 4: Building Trust and Credibility
- The Role of Trust in Leadership
- Trust-Building Strategies
- Ethical Leadership and Integrity
Day 5: Conflict Resolution and Decision-Making
- Understanding Conflict
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Group Decision-Making Processes
Teamwork and Collaboration
Day 6: Understanding Team Dynamics
- Characteristics of Effective Teams
- Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Development Stages (Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing)
Day 7: Motivating and Inspiring Teams
- Motivation Theories (Maslow, Herzberg, Expectancy Theory)
- Employee Engagement
- Recognising and Rewarding Team Success
Day 8: Leading Virtual and Remote Teams
- Challenges of Leading Virtual Teams
- Virtual Communication and Collaboration Tools
- Strategies for Remote Team Building
Day 9: Building a High-Performance Team
- Team Building Activities and Exercises
- Team Goals and Performance Metrics
- Continuous Improvement and Team Productivity
Day 10: Leadership in Crisis and Change Management
- Leading Through Crisis
- Change Management Strategies
- Leadership Capstone Project: Developing a Leadership Action Plan
London Exploration Weekend 1:
- Morning: Start your London adventure with a hearty breakfast at your accommodation.
- 10:00 AM: Visit the iconic British Museum to explore history and culture from around the world.
- 1:00 PM: Enjoy lunch at a nearby café.
- Afternoon: Take a leisurely stroll through the bustling streets of Covent Garden, known for street performances, shopping, and artisanal treats.
- 4:00 PM: Visit Westminster Abbey to admire its stunning Gothic architecture.
- Evening: Have dinner at a traditional British pub to savor classic dishes like fish and chips or a hearty pie.
- Morning: Enjoy breakfast and then explore the legendary Tower of London, home to the Crown Jewels and centuries of history.
- 1:00 PM: Have lunch by the picturesque Tower Bridge.
- Afternoon: Visit the vibrant neighborhood of Shoreditch, known for street art, boutiques, and cool vibes.
- 4:00 PM: Take a relaxing boat ride along the River Thames, offering stunning views of London landmarks.
- Evening: Experience London's diverse culinary scene with dinner at a restaurant of your choice.
University Towns and Shopping Weekend 2:
- Morning: Depart for a day trip to Cambridge, renowned for its prestigious university and beautiful architecture.
- 11:00 AM: Explore the historic Cambridge University colleges and take a punt ride on the River Cam.
- 1:00 PM: Enjoy lunch at a charming riverside café.
- Afternoon: Visit the Fitzwilliam Museum to appreciate its extensive art collection
- Evening: Return to London and have dinner at a cozy restaurant in your neighborhood.
- Morning: Depart for Oxford, another world-famous university city with stunning buildings and lush gardens.
- 10:00 AM: Take a guided tour of the Bodleian Library and Radcliffe Camera.
- 1:00 PM: Relish a traditional English lunch in the heart of Oxford.
- Afternoon: Explore the charming Oxford Botanic Garden and the Ashmolean Museum.
- Evening: Return to London and spend your last night exploring the vibrant nightlife of the city