International Relations and Global AffairsOne Week Course
International Relations and Global Affairs
Day 1: Introduction to International Relations
- Theories of International Relations
- Key Actors in International Affairs
Day 2: International Law and Diplomacy
- International Legal Frameworks
- Treaties and Agreements
Day 3: Global Governance and Security
- International Organisations and Security
- Conflict Prevention and Peacekeeping
Day 4: Diplomatic History and Case Studies
- Historical Diplomatic Milestones
- Diplomatic Successes and Failures
Day 5: Diplomacy and Economic Relations
- Economic Diplomacy
- Trade Agreements and Diplomatic Relations
Diplomacy and Cultural Exploration Weekend:
- Morning: Begin your day with a substantial breakfast at your accommodation.
- 10:00 AM: Commence your diplomatic exploration with a guided visit to the House of Commons, where you'll gain insights into the UK's political processes.
- 1:00 PM: Enjoy a diplomatic-themed lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Afternoon: Continue your exploration with a visit to the House of Lords and the Whitehall offices, where you can learn about the inner workings of the British government.
- Evening: Indulge in a dinner at a restaurant that offers traditional British cuisine.
- Morning: Explore London's rich maritime history with a visit to the Naval and Diplomacy-related Museums, where you can delve into the world of international relations and naval diplomacy.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a restaurant with a view of the Thames
- Afternoon: Venture into the historic heart of London's financial district, the City of London, and visit historic sites like the Tower of London to learn about its significance in diplomacy.
- Evening: Return to your accommodation or enjoy an optional evening activity or dinner at a restaurant of your choice.